If you’re considering the breast augmentation, then you need to pay attention to breast implant types in detail. Usually, there is no ‘perfect or best type’ of the breast implant. It’s your responsibility to choose the type of breast implant that will suit your needs. A knowledgeable, experienced plastic surgeon will assist you in making the best choice. Silicone gel-filled breast implants Brisbane clinic can assist you when you opt to choose silicone gel implants.
Saline Breast Implants
Have you ever heard about saline implants? They’re well-known for their firmness. Saline implants are usually filled with the sterile saltwater. Those women who prefer using natural substances are recommended to embrace saline. That way, if the implant shell collapses or leaks, your body is likely to eliminate and absorb the saline solution naturally.
- Saline implant type generally cost slightly as compared to silicone gel implants.
- A minor incision may be used during the placement.
- Can produce a first degree of upper projection and pole fullness.
- Implant rupture can be detected easily.
- Implant rippling and rupture are likely to happen regularly.
- Saline implants feel less firm and less natural-breast tissue than silicone gel implants.
- Saline implants weigh more as compared to silicone gel implants.
Silicone Gel Implants
Silicone gel implants are usually filled with silicone gel. Most importantly, these implant types are known to be softer than saline. Similarly to saline, these implants come with a variety of sizes. If you happen to choose silicone, then all you need to get is periodic screenings. This will help you to check their condition.
- Regular silicone gel breast implants have a natural feeling type, and it is the softest implant available today.
- Rippling doesn’t happen regularly on Silicone gel implant than saline implants.
- It has a natural look and feels hence preferred by many.
- With silicone gel, you are required to use a slightly longer incision when it comes to your skin than saline implants.
- Detecting a rapture on silicone gel is challenging as the gel remains within an implant shell.
- Silicone gel implants are more expensive as compared to other implants.
When it comes to breast implant types, you can choose either saline or silicone gel implants. The choice yours. Don’t rush when deciding your best choice.